Friday, February 12, 2010

First day in Hong Kong

Arrived in Hong Kong on time after more than 14 hours fly time from San Francisco. First Class on Cathay Pacific was absolutely wonderful. The nuts were not warm on this flight, but nevertheless very good! For starters we could have had caviar which we declined. But there was a lot of other food stuff, but I actually think that the food on American is a tad better! We decided to take the Sky Bus to the hotel. Oh, btw, one of my suitcases got left behind in San Francisco. They are supposed to deliver it to the hotel tonight. Luckily it was the suit case that was packed for Phuket and not the one for Hong Kong.

We have now arrived at the J.W. Marriott. Unfortunately, we have to pay for internet access, which I refuse to do, so this blog will be updated daily but may not be published every day. I have had a shower and Kim is next. Then we will go out to find something to do. Will report later!

A few hours later.
I actually broke down and decided to pay for internet after all - $600HK for a week! Absolutely ridiculous. We spent the afternoon taking a guided bus tour of Hong Kong island. First we made a stop at Victoria Peak, then there was a short tour at the fishing village by boat -quite chilly -and after that a stop at a jewelry factory. No, we didn't buy anything even if the temptation was great. On the bus again, past Repulse Bay and on to Stanley for a short shopping tour - only 30 minutes! So we are going back tomorrow :-)

My bag just arrived and I am so tired I am almost cross eyed!

1 comment:

  1. You turned down the caviar!! I would have eaten your caviar if I had traveled with you!

    Sorry to hear about the chilly weather but it is better than extreme heat and humidity. We are expecting another snowstorm here in Boston so you are still much better off. I had -30 C (-22F) in Lapland, Sweden, last week........
    Kram
    Margareta

    ReplyDelete