Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Second Day St. Kitts - mostly about Jimmy

 

 
We started the day with a walk on the beach. We walked for 1½ hours. Clear blue skies, turquoise water and rather windy. The sand has many different colors from almost white to black (from the volcano). After the walk we went to the beach to hang out under one of the little huts.
 
Then Jimmy arrived. On the shoulder of a Rasta man sat this adorable little monkey called Jimmy. He was wearing a diaper and I immediately fell for him! I have wanted a monkey since I was a little kid and here I could hold Jimmy and take pictures for 5 bucks! At first he just wanted to play and pretended to pinch and bite me (it was easy for him with my loose old skin!). Then I could give him a cookie and he was happy hanging out with me. Gunilla took lots of pictures and then I realized I had a banana in my bag. I gave it to Jimmy and he was so happy. Sat on my shoulder, peeled the banana and ate it. I was over the moon! So now I am in love with Jimmy. Hoping he will come by another day as well.
We had lunch at the same restaurant as yesterday. But somehow they lost our order and after an hour we were not so happy. They apologized and asked if we wanted to have something to munch on while they made our lunches and we said we wanted nachos at no cost, which we got. Yum. Shortly the food arrived but now our beers were warm so we asked for new cold beers (at no cost) which we also got.
Back to the beach chairs. The wind is so strong that it feels cold. Every now and then I had to go out in the sun to warm up :-) We decided to stay in tonight because we were both quite tired. I did not take any pictures so will only show you more of my darling Jimmy!




No comments:

Post a Comment