Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hong Kong airport

Finally arrived in Hong Kong after 14 hours in the air. Many hours, lots of food and four movies! Drinks and nuts to start, followed by a salad (I could have had caviar or salmon, but you know me - much too exotic for my palate.) The salad had fake crab meat in it so I passed on that part. For the main course I picked filet mignon and dessert ice-cream with warm chocolate sauce! The movies I picked were "The Social Network", "The Town", "Black Swan" and "Burlesque". I enjoyed all of them. The first two movies were shot in and around Boston, which of course always is fun to see and the Social Network also had a scene from the Henley Regatta and the Leander Club in Henley-on-Thames, England close to where my sister lives and where my niece got married last year. I did manage to sleep a little and since leaving Boston I have have almost read a whole book - The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen. That is a murder mystery that is also taking place in Boston and at a museum that possibly have the Museum of Fine Art (MFA)as the main place of action (that's where Kim, my daughter works) so that is interesting as well.
My flight to Kuala Lumpur leaves in 2 hours and it will be Friday afternoon there by the time I arrive. My sister is flying in from London and she will get there before me. Starting tomorrow I should be able to start to add some picures as well.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you make me want to fly first class just for the great food, time to watch the latest movies and to read a whole book! But you are crazy to turn caviar, crab and salmon down....!
    Since you don't like to drink wine, you of course turned the champagne down, too. However, since it is not good to drink liquids with bubbles in the air and especially not on such a long flight, you were smart :). I can't wait to hear more and see pics from your trip.

    ReplyDelete